Friday, October 2, 2009

Evolution 2

It's been a long, tiring week. I've been learning new things, thinking in new ways, and rediscovering pastimes which I enjoyed a long, long time ago.

Like drawing. It was with shock, and a surprising sense of relief, that I picked up a pencil and began to sketch. I used to spend hours at school drawing trees, horses, women in fancy clothing I wished I owned... the things which little girls love to draw. Sure, my current level of drawing skills are nothing to write home about. But I'm not sure why I ever stopped.

Playing with paper is another activity. Just the simple act of cutting, shaping and arranging paper gave me a wonderful, unexpected sense of coming home.

Here's another recently constructed 3D paper sculpture.

IMG_8298

IMG_8300

IMG_8304

IMG_8308

IMG_8310

No comments:

Post a Comment